These are the steps of what needs to happen, to make and get your claim in.:
Step 1 – Tax Registration: 15 Mins approx. to fill the form out and send through adobe
- Request utility bill from client for details to complete registration
- Client details – name, business name, address, eircode (This gets entered twice)
- Electric or gas bills details ie: MPRN numbers utility provider etc
- Business usage – determine how much in percentage relates to business use
- Generate form for signing – send and then upload to ROS once back
Step 2 – Gather up (1 hour) – varies per client
- Ensuring all bills (front & back as unit consumption is needed) are available for the periods outlined below for pre-claim and claim sections.
Step 3 – Completing the Pre-Claim section (30 mins)
- Submit the usage and cost information for the reference periods September 2021 to February 2022 so that the average unit cost can be calculated – enter 6 months of bills data: Start/End Date, Inv #, Units used and Cost per MPRN.
- Bills to be uploaded (from memory is a little cumbersome)
Step 4 – Completing the initial return (From September 1, 2022, to date (5 months) (15 mins)
- Enter the bill details for each of the reference periods for the claims for which you are now submitting: Start/End Date, Inv #, Units used and Cost per MPRN
Step 5 – Subsequent claims – per billing period (15 mins)
- Adding future bills to subsequent claims